We are thoroughly pleased to announce that this year's Opening Event will be our second annual Grand Victorian Ball at the beautiful and historic Grand Ledge Opera House!
Join us to celebrate the romance and glamour of the height of the Victorian era with dance, merriment, and friends both old and new.
- $30 per ticket, early price
- $35 per ticket, after 29 March
- General admission includes:
- Grand announcement on entrance (as was done at high society balls)
- Entry ticket for door prizes
- Hors d'oeuvres, finger foods, & desserts
- Tickets are available at these Grand Ledge locations:
- The event will be a formal dress ball; period dress is, of course, encouraged, but is by no means necessary. For non-period wear, dress should be as you'd be comfortable wearing to a fancy party.
- Expect to see ladies and gentlemen in ball attire from eras spanning the Civil War (1860s) through High Victorian (1880s), which is in keeping with the overall spirit of our festival.
- A live string ensemble will delight you with period music appropriate for ballroom dancing.
- Your ticket includes a souvenir Victorian dance card with which you may queue up your dance partners.
- Those not inclined to dance will find other light amusements and plenty of opportunities for socialising.
- A wonderful and Victorian-appropriate spread of Hors d'oeuvres will be provided by A Catered Affaire.
- Finger-food type dishes & desserts, suitable for wandering and mingling.
- We will also have a cash bar.
- Wine, beer, soft drinks, water, etc. will be available to purchase.
- Drawings for door prizes will be held during the evening.
If you have questions or would like to volunteer for one of our open positions, don't hesitate to call Sylvania at 517.316.6694 or email email@example.com.
Copyright © 2002–2014 Victorian Days Festival & Grand Ledge Historical Society. All rights reserved. All images used with permission.
For more information or to participate as a demonstrator, vendor, or sponsor, see our Sign Up page.