We are thoroughly pleased to announce that this year we will host our third annual Grand Victorian Ball at the beautiful and historic Grand Ledge Opera House!
Join us to celebrate the romance and glamour of the height of the Victorian era with dance, merriment, and friends both old and new.
$25 per ticket, early price
- $30 per ticket, after 29 March 2016
- Admission includes:
- Grand announcement on entrance (as was done at high society balls)
- Entry ticket for door prizes
- Hors d'oeuvres, finger foods, & desserts
- Gift bag
- Tickets are available at these Grand Ledge locations:
- The event will be a formal dress ball; period dress is, of course, encouraged, but is by no means necessary. For non-period wear, dress should be as you'd be comfortable wearing to a fancy party.
- Expect to see ladies and gentlemen in ball attire from eras spanning the Civil War (1860s) through High Victorian/Late Bustle era (1880s), which is in keeping with the overall spirit of our festival.
- Her Majesty Queen Victoria and Prince Albert will be in attendance, and guests may join a procession to be presented to the royal couple during the evening.
- The Great Lakes Chamber Players, a live string ensemble, will delight you with period music appropriate for ballroom dancing.
- Your ticket includes a souvenir Victorian dance card with which you may queue up your dance partners.
- Those not inclined to dance will find other light amusements and plenty of opportunities for socialising.
- Some dances will be called by the talented and experienced dance prompter Mr James McKinney.
- The evening will include plenty of variety, and Mr McKinney will put even the most inexperienced dancer at ease.
- McNeilly Photography Studio will offer portrait photography with beautiful backdrops to capture your special moments.
- Head up to the balcony and have your portrait captured by award-winning photographer, Mr James McNeilly, who will then use the wizardry of modern technology to place you in the setting of your choosing, giving you a wonderful keepsake of your evening at the ball.
- A wonderful and Victorian-appropriate spread of Hors d'oeuvres will be provided by A Catered Affaire.
- Finger-food type dishes & desserts, suitable for wandering and mingling.
- We will also have a cash bar.
- Wine, beer, soft drinks, water, etc. will be available to purchase.
- Drawings for door prizes will be held during the evening.
If you have questions or would like to volunteer for one of our open positions, don't hesitate to call Sylvania at 517.316.6694 or email email@example.com.
Copyright © 2002–2016 Victorian Days Festival & Grand Ledge Historical Society. All rights reserved.
Site designed and maintained by Sylvania Dye. All images used with permission.
For more information or to participate as a demonstrator, vendor, performer, or re-enactor, see our Re-enactor HQ, Demonstrator & Performer HQ, and Merchant & Sutler HQ pages.